Wabash Estates Co-op Popular
Wabash Estates Co-op is a three story, 57 apartment community for independent senior citizens who are 62 years or older. It is conveniently located near I-83 and I-695.
Wabash Estates Co-op Apartments is a healthy and safe environment to live in because it is 100% smoke free. Smoking is not allowed within the individual apartments and the common areas.
Wabash Estates Co-op is affordable for everyone. Every unit has subsidy and resident members pay only 30% of their adjusted income for rent.
Included in Rent:
- Cold & Hot Water
- Rent subsidized
- Individual heating and cooling systems
- Secured entry & security cameras
- Personal 24-hour emergency call system
- Transportation (only for trips organized by members)
- Laundry room on each floor
- Large community room
- Cable ready
- Lounges on every floor
- Pet friendly (20 lbs. and under; deposit required)
- 1 bedroom
- Mobility-impaired apartments
LEED for Homes represents a consensus standard for green homebuilding developed and refined by a diverse cadre of national experts and experienced green builders.
The EPA through its Energy Star program provides partners with guidelines for superior energy management. These guidelines lower operating costs and improve resident satisfaction.
LEED-certified buildings are designed to:
- Be healthier and safer for occupants
- Conserve energy and water
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Lower operating costs
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
LEED features of Wabash Estates include:
- High-efficiency irrigation systems and limited conventional turf to reduce water consumption.
- Outstanding community resources in transportation availability (over 250 rides).
- High efficiency fixtures: low flow toilets, lavatory faucets and showerheads in the units. This reduces water consumption leading reduced bills for the tenants.
- The building has a HERS rating of 80 (against 100 which would be a standard building), which means the home has better energy performance than a standard one.
- This project was panelized construction which means limited to no framing waste on site.
- The insulation, paint, carpet and hard flooring that were installed in the building have low emissions (low to zero VOC content) adding to a healthier environment.
LEED implemenation photos
High Efficiency blown-in exterior wall insulation & duct sealing (typical throughout building)
Air seal package completed using spray foam at all seams and penetrations to stop air infiltration
http://www.usgbc.org/leed" target="_blank">View more information about LEED
* Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
CSI is proud to be recognized with the Communities of Quality Corporate Partner designation. The designation was created specifically to honor management companies that successfully maintain a significant portion of their properties to the high standards of the COQ National Recognition program Learn more