Bishop Co-op Popular
Bishop Co-op is located along the Detroit River next to Bishop Park in Wyandotte. This 9-story, 196 unit senior community offers affordable housing to resident members age 62 and over. Bishop Co-op is nationally recognized as “A Community of Quality” by the National Affordable Housing Management Association. The property was completed in 1971.
Bishop Co-op Apartments has come to be a healthier and safer environment to live in by becoming 100% smoke free. Smoking is not allowed within the individual apartments, the common areas, and within 25 feet of the building.
Resident members enjoy the peace and privacy of their apartments, but also enjoy participating in the frequent community activities such as luncheons, dinners, bingo, card nights, exercise classes and ice-cream socials. Various committees are supported by the members that include: Friendship; Showcase Bingo, Education, Fire Safety, and Grounds to name a few.
Bishop Co-op is conveniently located within walking distance of downtown Wyandotte. The beauty and serenity of Bishop Park and the water of the Detroit River make the location ideal for relaxation.
Bishop Co-op is affordable for everyone. Many units have subsidy in which resident members pay only 30% of their income for rent. So don’t wait! Call for tours! Join us today!
Included in Rent:
- Central Air
- Cold & Hot Water
- Carpeting; refrigerators; gas ranges; and garbage disposals.
- Some units are rent subsidized
- Individual heating and cooling systems
- Onsite maintenance
- Secured entry
- Transportation by the Co-op own van that is used for building functions and weekly shopping trips. There is also a Smart bus location within walking distance of the co-op.
- Large rooms on every floor
- Large community room
- Beauty shop on the premises
- Cable ready
- Vending Machines
- Pool Table
- Enclosed balconies & lounges on floors two through nine
- Pet friendly (20 lbs. and under; deposit required)
- Laundry rooms on every floor
- 1 bedroom
Tenant Selection Criteria:
The Tenant Selection Plan is available to the public upon request. It will be available in the leasing office and it may be reviewed during normal office hours.
CSI is proud to be recognized with the Communities of Quality Corporate Partner designation. The designation was created specifically to honor management companies that successfully maintain a significant portion of their properties to the high standards of the COQ National Recognition program Learn more