CSI Support & Development and your co-op are both committed to a greener planet. We encourage you to follow basic tips that will help us be as green as we can be.
- Turn off your lights when not in your apartment.
- Keep your blinds closed during hot, sunny days to keep your apartment cooler. Never open the windows while the air or heat is on.
- Turn your air conditioning off if you are not in your apartment for a day or more.
- Turn down the heat; every degree you dial down saves energy.
- Set your computer’s energy savings. Turn it off and unplug it when not in use.
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) should replace incandescent and halogen bulbs. They last 10 times longer and use ¼ the energy and produce 90% less heat.
- Report leaky faucets and running toilets immediately to your floor rep or the main office.
- Remove and rinse the aerators on your faucets periodically to remove any collected sediment.
- Shorten your shower by one minute; turn the water off while you brush your teeth or shave.
- While you wait for the hot water, capture tap water in a watering can to use for houseplants.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle. Dispose of hazardous waste properly. Reduce e-waste (electronics) and dispose of properly.
- Use reusable shopping bags instead of paper or plastic.
- Purchase local products.
- Purchase recycled products.
- Carpool or use public transportation when you can. Attend some meetings through the web or via teleconference instead of traveling.
Indoor air quality:
- Don’t allow anyone to smoke in your apartment.
- Report leaks, wet carpet or walls.
- Report pest issues immediately.
- If water must be remediated with drying equipment in your apartment due to a disaster, do not turn the equipment off and do not open your windows or door. This will interfere with the dry-out process.
- Use green products and methods to keep your apartment clean. Vinegar is an excellent natural cleaning agent for many household chores.
What else can you do?
- Educate yourself on how to be green.
- Volunteer to be on the co-op’s green committee.
- Regional Calendars
- Participating in Your Co-op
- Educational Programs
- What is a Co-op Liaison?
- What is a Service Coordinator?
- Your Floor Representative
- CSI Congress
- Photo Gallery
- Education Department Contact Information
- Resident Green Guide
- Rent Payment Information
- Work Order Requests
- Move Out Information
CSI is proud to be recognized with the Communities of Quality Corporate Partner designation. The designation was created specifically to honor management companies that successfully maintain a significant portion of their properties to the high standards of the COQ National Recognition program Learn more